DEVOLSON has ended


DEVOLSON has officially ended! I also have my laptop back. I missed it dearly! It allowed me to correct the grammatical errors I typed out while on my phone. Thanks to my mom for pointing them out!

Hi Mom & Dad!*
Unfortunately, testing started yesterday. But that's okay, because it will be over by Friday! And after this Friday, there's only two weeks of school. Aaaannnnnddd, my husband gets home on December 18th!! This is the best end-of-DEVOLSON yet, I'm not sure how it could possibly get any better! (I am slightly afraid that I may get stabbed by a sharp pencil tomorrow, but that is another story altogether.)

As a tip, I would strongly encourage all my teacher readers to check out the Project-Based Learning Packs from Reading A-Z. They actually have a whole unit on respect/Martin Luther King Jr.

I know what I'm doing in February! :) 

Another random recommendation: NED. Never give up, Encourage Others, and Do your best. We had a presentation by the NED crew today, and it was awesome. The kids were completely taken in by their yo-yo tricks, the story, and the opportunity to use the microphone at the end of the presentation. 

One great thing about this week of testing is I get to do pretty much all my planning until Winter Break. Things never go according to plan, but in case they do, I will be set!

I am also making a big change in that I am not staying at schools until all hours of the night anymore. I am coming home to visit my insane clown-less posse (also referred to as pets). Despite them hopping all over me while I plan and constantly crying for food (you'd think they had spent 40 days in the desert, but I feed each of them twice a day) I enjoy my time planning here a lot more than I do at work. Hopefully soon I will have some cool new plans to show for it!

J2


* Thanks for pointing out my grammatical errors and giving me the perseverance to take an entire day to figure out how to upload a gif. It will be a useful skill someday.

Comments

Popular Posts