Happy New Year!

I know... I am terrible! I have been absent for almost two months! In my defense, I had a few things come up...

  • My husband came home for Christmas! And lordy, lordy, was it the best Christmas ever!
  • My husband left for Basic Training again
  • Then he graduated, so I drove out to Oklahoma to see him graduate, with my sister, and my husband's brother, whom my aforementioned sister is dating
  • My dog and my aunt were both diagnosed with cancer, but everybody is going to be ok,
  • And I was working the entire time!!! 
However, I have ended my absence because it is time to return to the happiness regarding teaching. At work, things have gotten more difficult and stranger than I would have imagined they would be. 
  • I am overrun with paperwork- I would lose my head in paperwork if it wasn't attached. My head, I mean. And to be quite honest, most of it has not been done on time. The paperwork, I mean.
  • I have been adamant the last three months about adding a service for a student who desperately needs it, and there is finally some progress with that;
  • Suddenly, my 6th graders are a lot less insane. My theory is, they needed their sanity back for middle school, so they stole the sanity from the 5th graders, who are consequently  now insane. I swear, if I come across one more kid spinning tops or texting under the table or talking back, I just might go on an early spring break! Just kidding!... mostly. 
  • I, however, did catch a 6th grader forging his mother's signature on a write-up. So now he has two write-ups and got a phone call home.
  • My wonderful mentor teacher is unfortunately (for me) going on maternity leave. Who will I cry to now? (I haven't actually cried this year, yet.)
  • Come Monday, there will be a new student in my class. For behavior. I was asked if my CPI training was up-to-date, because I will probably be using it. A lot.
I'm trying really hard not to dread the last one. Really hard. I keep reminding myself that the kids who need the most love ask for it in the most unloving ways. But I just can't seem to shake the feeling that it is all downhill from here, which is not saying much, because this year was already hard. 

Come what may....

Comments

Popular Posts