Bumps in the Road

Alright, it's about 10 days until school starts here.

AND I AM FREAKING OUT!

All the confidence I had last year is suddenly out the window. Being in a new state, all the way across the country, has brought so many changes to my classroom.

First of all, I don't have a normal classroom. My classroom is a big room, split into little classrooms using cabinets as walls. I haven't been around the US in schools enough to know if this is typical, but this is definitely not a thing in New Mexico. The technology that comes with the classroom was, well, surprising. I guess I was spoiled with SmartBoards and Promethean boards! Here, I've got one white board and a projector- which I honestly don't know how to use.

Second, the grades- I don't know if I'm expected to give out homework, or if I'm supposed to grade my students on report cards, or if the regular education teacher does that.

Where is the laminator? Can I use it? What about the copier/printer? I am freaking out so terribly.

I've got an IEP the first two weeks of school. I don't even know the kid yet! I don't have a schedule made up either.

I envision a few bumps in the road here in the near future.

I guess we all have to start somewhere though.

Comments

Popular Posts