I'm Baaaack!

Hello, world of internet! I am finally back!

Whew, it has been a long time. In between my last post and this one I am writing right now, I:
  • quit my job, unsure if I wanted to continue teaching
  • looked for a new job teaching special education full-time (self-contained)
  • got a job 45 minutes after my first interview
  • started new job, met some fabulous coworkers, including the 2 paras in my classroom
  • taught for the full year and did not cry every day!
  • am preparing for a second year at the same school!
This has been a pretty long, hard journey. I definitely have not shared all of the struggles I've encountered along the way, as the internet can be seen by everyone (read: parents and principals who may not have your back). I cried everyday on the way to and from work. I hated it and I lost interested and enthusiasm for teaching. I think it was probably a mix of having difficulty at work and depression.

However, I am living proof that you can persevere. So if you are a teacher coming back after your first year, or if you are about to start your first year, or if you are dreading school beginning, I am here to tell you that it DOES get better. 

It doesn't happen overnight. I worked in a school that wasn't a great fit, but I enjoyed the position. Then I worked in a school that was a terrible fit for me. I believe that I have finally found a school that is a good fit. Sure, there have been bumps along the way, but here I am, two weeks out from our first day back, and I am THRILLED to be going back to work! This happened because I didn't stop. I didn't stop looking for the right fit, and I didn't stop caring about these kids. 

I am so happy to be back, and I am going to try so hard to blog regularly!



Comments

Popular Posts