Possession by Katie Lowe


PossessionPossession by Katie Lowe
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Expected publication date: January 26th, 2021

Synopsis:

London, 2008

Tap Tap Tap
The sound of Graham’s blood, dripping on the floor.
Hannah cannot remember what happened the night he was killed.
Or, if she was the one wielding the knife.

Derbyshire, 2018


Hannah’s husband was murdered years and years ago, leaving her and their daughter, Evie, behind. Hannah now lives with Dan, and together they make a very happy family of three.

Conviction, a popular podcast has decided to make Graham’s murder their next case.
The host, Anna Byers, thinks Mike Phillips has been wrongly convicted of Graham's murder. Anna does not believe that Hannah lost her memory, and she does not believe that Hannah is innocent.


As Conviction releases each new episode, Hannah wonders when her happy life will finally crumble.

My Feelings/Reactions:

Ahhhh! I never saw the ending for this book coming.

Until a podcaster begins digging into the conviction of Mike Phillips, who supposedly murdered Hannah’s husband, Graham. As the podcast spins a different story- Hannah was the only person in the house that night, besides Evie- people start backing away from Hannah and she begins to feel like she’s losing her mind. Worse than that, she begins to fear the truth getting out.

The characters are superbly written. I love Dan. The flashbacks are well-written. I loved the whole book and could barely put it down! I was convinced that Hannah was the killer; then I was convinced that Hannah was crazy. 

In this case, I won't be writing any spoilers (yet). You'll have to find out for yourself- but this one doesn't actually leave you on a cliffhanger!

Excerpts: 

"This way of thinking- valuing beauty as an asset, with thinness as one of the many essential components of this- has grown thorns in her daughter. Neither, though, seems to quite see the link."

"I bounce her up and down in my arms, and we circle her room in the dark, though she's really too old for this, too heavy for me to hold. But still, whenever she reaches up, I take her. I know that one day, without realizing it, I'll put her down for the last time, and she won't ask me to hold her again... So I prepare myself for my loss in the very worst of ways: by luxuriating in it, every moment I have alone with her tinged with grief."


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts