First Week of School

So, school starts this week! I've been setting up my classroom, both last week and this week. It's been stressful. My room looks a little bare, so I'm trying to decorate a little more.
I finally got my keys and my caseload! I am officially teaching 5th and 6th grades, and I have 26 kiddos on my caseload. I am also gearing up to co-teach with a regular education 6th grade teacher, so it will be more convenient for the kiddos, and they will be able to stay in the regular ed setting.
I also attended training last week for Language! Live and Transmath, and I've got to say, I am VERY impressed with the curriculum, especially Language! It incorporates common core, while being very interactive, as well as interesting! I am fascinated with the science and history it brings into the reading portion of the scripted lessons.

In some other news, I got engaged last weekend! The fiancé is leaving for Basic Training in October, so we will be getting married on September 21st. So much to do until then! Thankfully, my mom is taking over most of the planning, which frees me up to get into the swing of things at school!

Anyway, hopefully I will be uploading pics of the classroom this week or next!

Comments

Popular Posts