What We Ate

Okay, we haven't even eaten most of these. What we ate actually = what we WILL eat this week, but that's not as catchy.

I started to make a list of what we'd eat this week, and then I somehow ended up writing that last blog post. So now that I'm back on track, here is what I'm hoping to eat this week. 

I do try to meal prep, but it doesn't always work out. And sometimes Jared cooks if he's home early enough. We are luckily in that Kit will eat almost anything. So far, she's tried calamari, escargot, sushi, a couple types of fish, poke, all kinds of New Mexican food with a small amount of chile, and regularly eats spinach smoothies. None of that is our doing, it's just how she came out, and we're lucky in that she'll eat whatever we eat most of the time. She's only recently started refusing to eat foods she loved before. 

None of these recipes are mine. All credit goes to the author of the website or blog. 


Creamy Kale Gratin








Sheet Pan Garlic Butter Baked Salmon with crispy potatoes, asparagus and a garlic butter sauce with a touch of lemon | cafedelites.com
I ran across this recipe last week. I hate, hate, hate fish but I want Kit to learn to love it the way Jared does, so I try to take one for the team occasionally. 

This is me eating fish:


Choking it down and whispering hoarsely, "Mmm, so good," and gagging while attempting to smile at Kit, then announcing two horrible bites in that I'm full. 

Anyway, I made this recipe from cafedelights, and I felt inspired, so I added some chili-lime rub, and 

IT WAS SPECTACULAR. 
But add a lot, because apparently salmon needs lots of spices. Idk man. 


Well, there you have it! 5 dishes. I typically buy several bags of frozen veggies, like broccoli and cauliflower, and fresh veggies like spinach. My side dish game is not on point, or whatever kids say these days. I'm working on it, though. 

Suddenly, Kit refuses to eat oatmeal for breakfast, and she doesn't like eggs very often. So we've been eating a lot of spinach and banana smoothies, because that's just what's working for now. 

For lunch, we sometimes have peanut butter and jelly, Vienna sausage, SPAM, or ramen, if we don't have leftovers from the night before. I need to work on that too, but at the moment I'm satisfied that she's eating. For snacks, we have oranges, apples, carrots, and sometimes goldfish, but they don't usually last long in our house. 

I'm sorry if this post is a mess! It's after 1 am here so I think it's good enough for now. 😉 


Comments

Popular Posts