DEVOLSON

Sharing a few links from my favorite blog eva!!! http://www.loveteachblog.com/2014/11/things-i-said-out-loud-today-devolson.html and http://www.loveteachblog.com/2013/11/8-reasons-to-not-come-near-me-until.html.
SO thankful that my issues have a name.
And to entertain you before unleashing my lesson taught and learning, is a screenshot of something I found just moments ago.
Poultrygeist! Night of the Chicken Dead! 
I will have nightmares for weeks!

As you can tell, I was trying to type in Dead Poet's society. Naturally, Netflix felt like this was an adequate substitute. (Why Dead Poet's Society? Well, I took a teacher quiz and, apparently, I am exactly like the extraordinary John Keating.) Don't worry folks, I took the high road and voted that rather than have dreams about chickens and skulls, I would watch Good Will Hunting. (This is the first time I've watched it. Review to come later. Also, just... wtf, Netflix? Though I'm sure that Jared would love that movie, as he dearly loves Sharknado.)

Now, back to business.... I have been at Advanced Orten Gillingham training for the past two days. It's been amazing. The first Orten Gillingham training I attended was just over a month ago, and I came away with a whole new perspective on teaching reading/writing/spelling. This time, I am learning things that pertain more my grade levels, 5th and 6th, though my students aren't quite ready for it yet. Most of the things I have learned include teaching Greek and Latin roots and expanding vocabulary. If you have the chance to go, I say do it. There's at least one thing, at least, that you will be able to take away from this training and use in your own classroom, from elementary to high school. 
Oh, Thanksgiving break, I will be so glad to see your face again. And it's less than 30 days until my husband comes home! So, despite this severe but undisclosed (perhaps tomorrow :) ) case of DEVOLSON, things are going well. 
I am wishing all the rest of you such luck with your DEVOLSON too. 
J2

Comments

Popular Posts