Scavenger Hunt Speech Activity




I can't claim any credit for this idea. Kit has been struggling with her speech and she is now seeing a speech therapist. I taught special education, but my focus was elementary school, and I have a lot to learn even in that area. I am learning tons from Kit's therapist.  Kit can say "mom," "dad," "dog," "hi," "fish," and "bye," but she has a really hard time transferring these sounds to anything else. Ms. P gave us this idea to work on Kit's bilateral speech sounds, and you can use it for any sounds you need to work on. 

This was our first run through, so we did the most basic possible scavenger hunt. I only added items with the particular sound we were looking for. 

B

B is one of the sounds that Kit is working on. 
Here are some items I chose for the B scavenger hunt:
  • Bag/bolsa
  • Bear
  • Ball
  • Book
  • Bowl/Bol
  • Bucket
  • Blocks
  • Baby/bebe 
  • Bottle/botella
  • BaƱo

Kit wasn't too sure what to do. I told her that we were looking for /b/ words. She walked up and down the hallway, looking at the items. I told her not to pick anything up just yet!


Of course, it's not like she listened when it came to her stuffed animals. :) 

Our collection of B items!

M



M Items:
  • Milk
  • Mail
  • Medias (socks per New Mexico Spanish)
  • Map
  • Monkey/mono
  • Mariposa (butterfly)
  • Mirror


F
F Items:
  • Fox- we have like 5,000 foxes, but I just used three!
  • Fork
  • Football
  • Flowers/flores
  • Fish
  • Fish food
  • Falda (skirt)





I hope that you find this idea helpful! Stay safe and healthy! :)

Comments

Popular Posts