The Ugly Chair and the Makeover


So this is the shortest blog post in all history. I wanted to put this up for awhile but just didn’t get around to it because I can’t find old pictures of this chair.

I bought this at goodwill for $4 right before Kit was born. It’s a recliner and I thought the wind back touch was cute, but color was just so ugly. It was some sort of horrid green, blue, and red plaid pattern. We covered it up with a blanket for awhile, but a few months ago I desperately wanted to do some sort of project by myself.

I researched a little on how to do it, and then I basically disregarded all of the advice that I read. Not recommended. I bought a normal dark blue spray paint, 4 cans of it, and just started spraying down my chair. I didn’t soak it, I didn’t sand it, I didn’t use chalk paint, and I was so excited I forgot to vacuum it.

The end result is a pretty blue chair that is too spiky to sit on, and when you look close, you can see all of the cat hair. I’ve sanded it, but so much paint comes off when I sand it that I decided to quit while I was ahead.

Don’t make my same mistake! Follow advice, even if you’re dying to get a project done!

Comments

Popular Posts